Chamber History


The Chamber was organized as a private, nonprofit organization as a unified voice for our business and professional community. The Chamber is a volunteer organization supported by businesses committed to economic growth in the Brigham City Area. The Box Elder Chamber of Commerce and Commercial Club was organized April 27, 1893, and is the second oldest Chamber in the State. The charter was issued by the State of Utah for a fifty year period. On August 25th, 1964 after discovering that the charter had expired, the State issued a new certificate, to the Box Elder Chamber of Commerce, leaving off the Commercial Club at the end. At a membership meeting held on October 29th, 1965 the attending members voted unanimously to change the name to Brigham City Area Chamber of Commerce.